Velvet and corduroy furniture has become the trends of interior solutions that have returned to the arsenal of professional interior designers in 2023. The popularity of velvet and silk velvet as materials is explained by the fact that in almost any room interior, whether it’s living room furniture, bedroom furniture, or kitchen area furniture, these materials can bring luxury style, and grace, as well as balance to the interior according to trends.
With these materials, designers can breathe different moods into their interiors and convey the tenants’ character by showing their inspiration while using velvet products. Let’s take a closer look at the possibilities of using velvet items for interiors and some of their features in the placing and care processes.
Table of Contents
What are corduroy and velvet?
Imagine the perfect interior for your bedroom, living room, or dining room. What can be more admired than luxurious velvet chairs, beautiful sofas which give you availability for comfortable seating, or even items like poufs and cushions? Such velvet design elements fundamentally set the atmosphere of the room, placing the right accents. So what are velveteen and his relative corduroy and where did this fabric get this fame which we can see if we search it at the shopping time?
To be fair, people still don’t understand the difference between velvet and corduroy. So:
- Corduroy comes from the Turkic language bara kan, which translates as “material with fleece”. So, corduroy can be called the material that is made of silk threads. Silk velveteen furniture evokes thoughts of both comfort and luxury, and fits perfectly into both classic and interiors. If earlier corduroy was made of silk threads, today it’s made from cotton and other synthetic materials. It should be noted, that with the advent of synthetic silk velvet, the purchasing power and the desire to take possession of such a noble fabric home in any store have increased.
- Velvet – an English word that means a more price-friendly dense and soft-to-the-touch material, made of cotton, viscose, and other synthetics that can replace high price silk. The delicate texture of velvet fabric will captivate the hearts of buyers, opening up new possibilities for applying inspiration and enticing with its iridescence and shimmer of colors.
- Velour – is a French word for velveteen made from wool.
All three materials are very popular in creating interiors, their properties are almost the same and the feedback about these materials is still the same: store buyers need them in their carts
Historical summary of velvet furniture
If you look into the history of velvet, you can understand that the first who invented it was the Chinese back in the 3rd century BC. Massively, the fabric began to spread only by 1247 y. and, thanks to the Silk Road and India, was shipped to Europe in 1623 y. Nobility and aristocracy were liking the velveteen and it very quickly gained popularity.
The rulers of that time created the Velvet Yard, where artisans made velveteen of all colors day and night and were in search of a way to improve the properties of the fabric. The main disadvantage of the material was the price, and until the 18th century, only wealthy people could purchase the fabric.
They used velvet to decorate their dining room chairs and throne chairs and women were used to create the masterpiece’s ball gowns. Further, the “fabric of the kingdoms” underwent many changes and came down to us after filtering the best in the form in which we know it today in modern society
Present time summary of velveteen
And today, velvet has gained a wide range of uses in the interior: furniture such as velvet dining chairs or accent chairs, mirrors with velvet trim, modern sofas, couches, and even cushions are full of deals to buy. It’s important to understand that the centuries-old love for velvet will never end from us to even our kids.
For everyone’s joy, time doesn’t stand, and therefore today, anyone can purchase for the home such furniture as velvet dining chairs, velveteen-trimmed mirrors, poufs, pillows, and much more items, which will make the rooms view noble and will change the atmosphere.
Velvet: interior solutions and unspoken laws of style
Velvet dining chairs or modern sofas almost always fit perfectly into the style ideas. This fabric has a magical ability to unite furniture and bring out the integrity of the interior. The texture of a velveteen chair can be improved with the help of decorative metal or gold elements, whether it be copper or brass, or something more precious.
We might conclude that shipping velveteen furniture could be the best day for you and your account because the possibilities of this furniture are endless and the price is so affordable. So, a cozy concept tandem of dining room chairs or one accent dining chair can generally change the mood of the kitchen. With the help of velveteen, designers manage to play with the space: comfort, luxury, mysticism – all this is able to organize velveteen.
Today, in the design of the dining hall and kitchen, velvet dining chairs are increasingly preferred. Consider in more detail the feature of choosing velvet dining chairs.
Velvet dining chair as style solution
Such an interior element as a velvet dining chair will become a wonderful companion of luxury and solidity in your dining area. It should be noted that velvet chairs are suitable for arranging a private kitchen area, as well as for restaurants and various cozy cafes. Another advantage of dining chairs made of velvet is the ability to “join the team”: this way, often by combining incongruous furniture elements, designers manage to create a unique view of the rooms.
So, in the sleeping area, as an accent, there can be a velveteen headboard or a trim on a blanket: velveteen for adults, and plush for kids. We add, that the magical transformation of material can be observed by using different lighting items.
However, don’t forget about the functional requirements for velvet dining chair models before putting them in your cart. So, if your dining chair is also a workplace in the kitchen or you are a happy owner of kids, then you need to approach the choice of a dining chair option very responsibly
Requirements and basic rules while you choose velveteen chairs
The main requirements when choosing a dining chair are the level of comfort, safety, respectable appearance, and interesting dining chair styles. In 2022, a huge number of models of velvet dining furniture have appeared that meet all the requirements of interiors. Also, velveteen dining chairs have several significant advantages that you should be aware of before putting them in the shopping account cart and waiting for shipping, namely:
- The soft upholstered dining velveteen chair will give a pleasant tactile sensation;
- A velvet dining chair will last a long time at your home: velveteen is very durable and almost impossible to break;
- The velvet dining chair is easy to clean;
- There are many interesting models of dining furniture in stores, which differ in their designs due to additional elements, such as dining chair metal or gold legs, or handles;
- A velvet dining chair will fit into the interior if you listen to the recommendations for determining its location in the flat;
- A dining chair with an upholstered dining seat is the best solution for kids or people who like to spend more time in the dining area. Also, such velvet dining chairs will literally charm your guests with a presentable appearance.
Rules of velveteen harmony in your home
If you still decide to pick up a velvet dining chair, then be sure to check out the following list:
- The first signs of an overdose of the dominant elements of the interior should be removed. So, heavy curtains must be replaced with light tulle. The conflict of interior products should be checked;
- The velveteen dining chair is a moody resident who needs space. Therefore, if there aren’t many meters in your location, then it’s better to choose a kitchen chair from a different material. If the dining chair isn’t made of velveteen, then you can complement the interior with poufs, etc.;
- The nobility of the material of such a chair cannot be emphasized with cheap shabby linoleum, rather, the composition will look comical. Only noble finishes, such as high-quality laminate, parquet, or tiles, are suitable for a velveteen dining chair.
- Mix! This material is about how a velveteen dining chair fits into a neo-loft with high-tech elements where metal dominates.
- Avoid theatrics: if the traditional red, magnolia pink, or blue color is appropriate for your interior, then try to dilute the velveteen furniture and not build a ridiculous view.
- Don’t place more than 2-3 pieces of velveteen furniture in one room.
It’s so customary to be afraid of velveteen: it’s not wear-resistant, it’s difficult to wash, and it quickly loses its presentation, including a crazy price and many other experiences. However, today modern cleaning compounds cope with the care of velveteen chairs and allow the owners of such furniture to enjoy the elegance of their interior. In addition, there is a certain list of recommendations for the care of furniture:
- A cotton napkin will get rid of spilled water;
- The grease stain is removed with a cut of natural material and detergent, which must first be tested on a small area of the fabric on the chair;
- Cosmetics and ink sign from velvet dining chair should be washed off with alcohol;
- Bleach and other aggressive detergents should not be used to clean surfaces, as this adversely affects the color of the product and affect decorative metal or gold as well;
- Giving the original gloss to the material of the chair will help with the usual brush for clothes.
The devil is not as scary as he is painted. That’s all. Now you know everything about the features of velveteen that could cause you concern. If your wallet is able to pay for such a home ship as velveteen furniture, feel free to know your rights and it will be your gold decision.
Read also: How to make a dining chair slipcover
Grey velvet dining chairs
Gray, beige, pink, and their shades are universal for most design solutions. But too catchy: scarlet, purple, burgundy, terracotta, blue – they are used very dosed and only as strokes bcoz it’s too risky to build an atmosphere of the theater.
Luxury velvet dining chairs
Such an interior element as velveteen furniture will become a wonderful companion of luxury and solidity in your eating area.
Plush velvet dining chairs
Plush your kitchen will be the final touch of warmth and comfort in your interior. Also, plush looks very good in kids’ rooms.
Modern Velvet Dining Chairs
The main requirements when choosing a chair are the level of comfort, safety, respectable modern appearance, and interesting model styles. In 2023, a huge number of models of elements have appeared that meet all the requirements of the interior.
I am Ann Armstrong.
The kitchen is the universe of the home.
The beautiful furniture and amazing design of the dining room
have always inspired me. All the best ideas for transforming the kitchen throughout
my life were born from the greatest difficulties. And I know that’s what makes my projects special.
In the meantime, I allow you to spy on me, get inspired by ideas and share your own.
And I really like to receive feedback, I look forward to your letters and comments.